An economy runs because of its banking stream too, after all, it plays a crucial role in its growth. Banks try to serve the economy and common people too by providing necessary facilities to them. Banks are responsible to provide easy and timely credit facilities to their customers and this assists them with their seamless day-to-day operations.
However, sometimes due to some personal reasons, the customers may feel the need to close an account in their bank branch. In addition to the completion of some formalities, the user needs to disclose this reason to the bank officials for proper closure of the bank account.
Moreover, there are no online options available as of now to close an existing account in your bank branch. Therefore the user of CSB bank needs to visit the branch to complete the formalities of account closure. This process may take some time and documents which must be available with the user of CSB bank.
Steps to Follow to Close an account in CSB Bank
Following are the steps that are needed to be followed for closure of account in CSB Bank:
- The very first step involved in this process is to locate the nearest branch of CSB Bank where his/her is an account already exists.
- For this process to go ahead the user needs his passbook, debit cards, any unused checks, and documents for identity proof.
- Then the user needs to visit the help desk of the CSB bank and share their problem with the bank officials. The user also needs to disclose the reason for the closure of their CSB Bank account.
- Thereafter the bank officials will require a few details such as the name of the account holder, bank account number, and the reason for the closure of the account.
- Once the user provides these details to the officials he needs to show his documents related to his identity proof to the bank officials.
- After verifying the identity proof documents the officials will check the account balance of the user.
- The user then needs to collect, fill, sign and submit the account closure request form to the bank officials of the CSB Bank.
After following the above procedure the user can easily close down his or her account in the CSB Bank. Thereafter, they just need to produce their identity proof document to the bank officials. These documents are needed for proving the ownership of the account. In case the account is being closed too early then the bank officials may ask the user to pay a particular amount as the account closing charges.
There are a few attachments needed by the bank and after being received the user’s account is closed. The user must visit the bank branch to get their account closed permanently. In case any problem arises and the user is not available in the city, then the user can write an application to the bank manager stating the issue. The manager can consider the case and one of the guardians of the user can proceed with the necessary formalities to get his account closed.